Working with you to host events safely
Our team is ready to work with you every step of the way to ensure your event can be a success, safely. Together we will create a COVID-19 Mitigation Plan tailored specifically for the needs of your event and guests so that everyone in attendance is informed, prepared and supported.
- We will ensure facility protocols have been communicated to all guests, including exhibitors and event staff, in advance of their arrival at the facility. We recommend these protocols be included on event websites, social media, registration packages, exhibitor packages, etc.
- The COVID-19 Mitigation Plan we create together will be tailored to reflect specific meeting requirements. This includes floorplans that reflect reduced room capacities and distancing measures, line-up and signage plans, washroom controls and food and beverage protocols.
Delivering an exceptional onsite experience continues to be our top priority. From our first point of contact to your post-event move-out, your time at our facility and with our team will be seamless, productive, and most importantly, safe.
Our guests won’t be left guessing when they attend an event here. Comprehensive communication and screening measures are in place to provide the right information to everyone entering the facility. We can also provide you with support and information materials to utilize prior to and during your event.
- Delegates and staff are expected to stay home if they are sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or if they have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19.
- A pre-screening health questionnaire will be conducted prior to accessing the event space.
- We have revised our room and space capacities in line with distancing measures; we will post all maximum capacities outside meeting rooms and they will be strictly enforced.
- We recommend communicating a series of ‘Health and Safety Housekeeping Notes’ at the start of each session. These notes will be shared by the Vancouver Convention Centre and will provide an overview of health and safety protocols in place for the event.
From room capacity, to ingress and egress, to line-up control, we have re-imagined how our space is utilized to ensure physical distancing is integrated into every aspect of event design.
- Physical distancing of a minimum of 6 feet must be maintained by everyone at all times. We will work with you on event layouts to accommodate physical distancing.
- For sessions with scheduled start and end times, event space ingress and egress will be managed in stages from front-to-back and back-to-front, respectively (similar to boarding and exiting an airplane).
- Line-up control measures will be in place to assist with physical distancing.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitization
Our housekeeping services have been enhanced to align with the new public health requirements to provide a safe and more controlled environment in each of our spaces. Our procedures include:
- Disinfection of high-touch areas throughout the facility;
- Disinfection of event spaces between sessions (hard surfaces and high-touch areas);
- Full nightly disinfection of all surfaces in event spaces;
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations placed at points of ingress and egress and in key event spaces;
- Disinfection of recycling and waste bins after each empty/refresh.
Click here for more information.
To compliment our open and adaptable spaces, our air quality control systems in the West building allow you to maximize the use of fresh outdoor air and minimize circulation of recycled air. All of our fans are also equipped with Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) 15 air filters that provide superior air quality and minimize the chance of circulating viral droplets.
Move-in & Move-out
With our Voyage Control time-managed booking system, move-in and move-out at our facility is as efficient as possible. Through tracking arrivals and departures, monitoring the number of people onsite, and other precautionary measures, we can create a safer, more controlled venue movement experience for all, including event freight, exhibitors, suppliers and you. Voyage Control also facilitates health screening for vehicle drivers and passengers before they enter the facility.
Personal Protective Equipment
We require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn by anyone unable to maintain physical distancing.
Event Food & Beverage
Centerplate, Vancouver Convention Centre’s exclusive supplier of food, beverage and facility set-up services, has implemented a comprehensive safe operations plan that continues to deliver the tantalizing west coast cuisine and creative service offerings for which we are renowned, while maintaining the highest standards of health and safety.
Once your event is complete, we want to connect with you to recognize successes, identify gaps and explore new opportunities for the future. After all, there’s always room for improvement.
Planning an event?
We are here to help you every step of the way.