PLEASE NOTE: We have decided to postpone today's anniversary Cauldron lighting celebration for the Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games in consideration of current circumstances faced both locally and worldwide. We look forward to hosting the event at a more appropriate time. Please click here for more information.
Vancouver, BC – On Thursday, March 12th the B.C. Pavilion Corporation and Vancouver Convention Centre are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the 2010 Winter Paralympic Games with a public ceremony on Jack Poole Plaza.
Media and the public are invited to attend as special guests share their #2010Memories before a lighting of the Cauldron commemorating the important legacies and continued impact of the Games.
- The Honourable Lisa Beare, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture
- The Honourable Shane Simpson, Minister of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
- Ian Aikenhead, Q.C., Chair, PavCo
- Gail Hamamoto, Vice President, Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Nate Riech, Professional Athlete, Team Canada
- Elizabeth Irving, performing ‘O Canada’ and ‘I Believe’
Jack Poole Plaza at the Vancouver Convention Centre
1055 Canada Place
Thursday, March 12th
2:30 PM - 3:15 PM