Fourth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research November 14 – November 18 (East Building)
The Global Symposium on Health Systems Research is hosted every two years by HSG to bring together its members with the full range of players involved in health systems and policy research. There is currently no other international gathering that serves the needs of this community. Previous events have been held in Cape Town (2014), Beijing (2012) and Montreux (2010).
The Symposium aims to:
- Share new state-of-the-art evidence;
- Review the progress and challenges towards implementation of the global agenda of priority research;
- Identify and discuss the approaches to strengthen the scientific rigour of health systems research including concepts, frameworks, measures and methods; and
- Facilitate greater research collaboration and learning communities across disciplines, sectors, initiatives and countries.
- Participants will include researchers, policy-makers, funders, implementers, civil society and other stakeholders from relevant national and regional associations and professional organizations.
The program will include plenary addresses from world experts, as many as 12-15 concurrent sessions made up from abstracts and other proposals, an estimated 600 poster presentations, a vibrant marketplace and many other networking opportunities.
It is expected that approximately 2,000-2,200 people will participate in the Vancouver Symposium in 2016.