Brain Health Fair April 15 (West Building)
Join us for this one-time-only event connecting hundreds of neurology patients, families, and caregivers affected by a brain disease, as well as students interested in brain science and the general public interested in brain health.
The 2016 Brain Health Fair is designed and executed by neurologists, with local and national experts, who are on hand to answer questions about the wonders of the brain and the latest research advances in multiple sclerosis, dementia, epilepsy, stroke, Parkinson's disease, movement disorders, headache, pediatric neurology, and other brain diseases.
Attendees will have the opportunity to attend small presentations from neurologists, an exhibit hall, activities for kids and teens, science fair, giveaways, support patient groups, and more.
Patients, caregivers, and families will learn about new tools, observed medical equipment in action, gain awareness of the benefits of nutrition and emotional health, and participate in the following fun and informative areas:
- "Ask a Neurologist" booths--talk to top neurologists
- Learn about the latest treatments and research advances
- Get prevention and healthy lifestyle tips
- Walk through an inflatable, interactive brain
- Hold an actual human brain
- View animal brains--from mouse to dolphin
- Create brain-inspired arts and crafts
- Participate in active games in the sports pavilion
- Learn how nerves govern your senses at the cranial nerve stations
- View the work of local student scientists at the Science Fair
- Pick up a free bike helmet at the helmet giveaway
- See the winning videos from the Neuroscience IsTM...Cool Video Contest
- Explore Body Works Exhibits and Blow Your Mind Demonstrations by Science World
As part of the Brain Health Fair's keynote address, the AAN will acknowledge "Brain Health Awareness Day" in the City of Vancouver as declared by Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson.
Presented by the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) - the world's largest association of neurologists. Each year the Brain Health Fair is scheduled during the opening day of the AAN's Annual Meeting, which brings about 12,000 neurologists and health care professionals into a participating city.