Americas Masters Games 2016 August 26 – September 4 (West Building)
We invite you to the Americas Masters Games for an inclusive 9 days of celebration this summer. The Masters Games are about promoting an active and healthy lifestyle by encouraging any and all participants aged 30 to 100+ to continue to strive towards sporting success, and have fun in the process. Join us from August 26th to September 4th to compete in 24+ sports at some of Vancouver’s most iconic venues.
From Archery to Volleyball, Curling to Soccer, there is a sport for all. Join us at UBC, Kits Beach and Hillcrest during the day and for celebrations from Jack Poole Plaza at night, The Americas Masters Games will be an event to remember.
Please see below for a list of activations open to the public:
Opening Ceremonies on Jack Poole Plaza
- Saturday, August 27 at 6:00 pm
- Program will include the athletes’ march, ceremonial opening with dignitaries and First Nations performers Eagle Song Dancers, DJ Crystal A’dare and Vancouver-based singer Marie Hui, who will lead the crowd in the singing of our national anthem. One of Canada’s top bands, Famous Players Band, will close the evening.
- Public beer garden located on the Pacific Terrace from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Free Daily and Nightly events for all ages on Jack Poole Plaza
- Sunday, August 28 to Saturday, September 3
- Daily yoga sessions by YYoga from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- Beer garden open daily from 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- DJs start at 4:00 pm and live bands every night starting at 7:30 pm
- Live Entertainment, including: The Boom Booms, CocoJafro, Locked and Loaded, Scott Shea, Taylor James, Quickness, The Bad Beats, The Undercovers and more! DJs include DJ Leanne, DJ O, DJ Pri, and DJ Miss M.
Closing Ceremonies on Jack Poole Plaza
- Sunday, September 4 at 3:00 pm
EXPO in West Ballroom Foyer (Sponsor activations, booths and family fun)
- Thursday, August 25 from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Friday, August 26 from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Saturday, August 27 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sporting Events in West Exhibition Halls
- Saturday, August 27 to Saturday, September 3 – Table tennis, Badminton and Karate
- For a full list of sporting events and locations, visit: www.americasmastersgames2016.com