Getting to Vancouver, an international city with modern transportation, is easy. And once you're here... it's even easier!
There's plenty of bus service to, from, and around Vancouver along with scheduled service throughout BC, including Whistler, Seattle's SeaTac Airport, Bellingham Airport and Vancouver Island - which are all 2-3 hours out of Vancouver by car.
TransLink provides city transit for tourists and residents seven days a week via buses through its rapid transit system, SkyTrain. With the opening of the Canada Line, the Skytrain's newest line, travel between the Waterfront Station and Vancouver International Airport has been significantly reduced to 26 minutes per one-way trip. This allows for a more convenient trip for international travellers to and from downtown Vancouver.
In addition, Via Rail's western transcontinental train follows Highway 1 from Vancouver to Kamloops. Amtrak's Pacific Northwest route travels daily between Seattle and Vancouver.
There are many ways to get around Vancouver on the water, including the SeaBus which connects downtown to the mountainous North Shore. You can also take the ferry to Victoria and Nanaimo on Vancouver Island.
Located approximately 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver, Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is ranked one of the top airports in the world and is served by a wide variety of local, national and international air carriers with direct routes to most major destinations.
Vancouver Convention Centre West
1055 Canada Place
- Enter off of Canada Place, ½ block west of the Burrard Street intersection on the right-hand side.
- Enter the Convention Centre through the doors adjacent the pay stations.
- The Information Desk is directly ahead as you enter the Burrard Street Lobby.
- For the Exhibition Halls, proceed to Level 1 via elevators, stairs or escalators. At Level 1, take escalators or elevators to Level E.
- For Level 1, including the 100 series Meeting Rooms and Ballrooms, take the elevators, stairs or escalators from the Burrard Street Lobby.
- For Level 2 and the 200 series Meeting Rooms, take the elevators from the Burrard Street Lobby.
- For Level 3 and the 300 series Meeting Rooms, take the elevators to Level 2. At Level 2, proceed along the east pre-function space (with views of Canada Place) and take the mid-corridor elevator to Level 3 or the escalators at the end of the corridor.
Vancouver Convention Centre East
999 Canada Place
- Enter at the foot of Howe Street, obtain ticket from dispenser and proceed to P1 or P2.
- Use Convention Centre/Hotel elevators (not World Trade Centre elevators).
- For Convention Level: press "G" for Registration, Ballrooms and Exhibits.
- For Meeting Rooms: press "M".
- DPC Parking: 900 Cordova Street
- Commerce Place: 400 Burrard Street
- Waterfront Centre: 200 Burrard Street
- Imperial Parking: 200 Granville Street
- Station East: 555 Cordova Street
- EasyPark: 1095 Waterfront Road
*If arriving from alternate parking locations:
Enter Vancouver Convention Centre East through the lobby doors located to the west of the hotel entrance.
- The Ballrooms and Exhibition Halls are at G or street level.
- The Meeting Rooms are at M level via elevators or escalators.
Enter Vancouver Convention Centre West through the lobby doors located at Burrard Street or Thurlow Street.
- The Exhibition Halls are located on Level E.
- The Ballrooms and 100 series Meeting Rooms are located on Level 1.
- The 200 series Meeting Rooms are located on Level 2.
- The 300 series Meeting Rooms are located on Level 3.