Zili Presents: Women's Preventative Health Conference June 3 (West Building)
Immerse yourself in an informative, collaborative health and wellness experience that will inspire you to re-imagine the power of health care. Evidence-based info sessions with some of the city's leading physicians and health care practitioners range from patient-centered health care to your ever changing hormones; from managing anxiety to aging parents, from happy kids and happy parents to your relationship with food and more.
Alongside invaluable preventative health information, you will enjoy breakfast, mid-morning smoothies, lunch (including cash wine bar), yoga, and meditation techniques, broadening the scope of wellness and providing an opportunity to connect with your community of like-minded peers. Together, we can work toward a brighter future of health care that empowers each individual, and overcome some of the many health challenges inherent in both our society and our health care system.
Our robust panel of experts includes medical doctors and health care professionals in family medicine, cardiology and internal medicine, psychiatry, obstetrics/gynecology, plastic surgery, dietetics, physiotherapy, executive life coaching, and more. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to local and global women's health initiatives.
Come experience the benefits of prevention and healthy living, and help initiate global change in the way we approach our health.
TOPICS & SPEAKERS
- The Zili Story & The Six Pillars of Health - Maryam Zeineddin, Family Physician & Zili Chair
- Learning to Fly: Bringing Mindfulness, Intention and Connection to Medicine - Maureen Mayhew, Family & Public Health Physician
- Meditation as Medicine: How to Avoid Inflammation and Enjoy Lightness of Being!
- Women and the Heart - Annie Chou, Cardiologist
- Aging Parents - Nicole Barre, Family Physician
- Parenting Resilient Kids - Keyvan Hadad, Pediatrician
- How to Avoid and Screen for the Top Four Chronic Conditions - Kevin McLeod, Internal Medicine Specialist
- Truths and Myths of Cosmetic Surgery - Jennifer Prince, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
- Your Relationship with Food - Sandeep Bhatha, Dietitian
- Transformation from the Inside Out - Callie Bland, Coach and Registered Nurse
- Mind/Body Connection and Anxiety and Depression - Diane McIntosh, Psychiatrist
- I Think My Hormones are Out of Whack - Kerstin Gustafson, Obstetrician/Gynecologist